Hello In STEPPS Families,
An update from your friends at In STEPPS. We will post these updates on our website and continue to send them via email! We are diligently working to be able to continue to provide services to your family while following all guidelines provided by the CDC and government at this time. Our team is in constant contact with funding sources and high level executives in the ABA industry across the country and the consensus has been that continuing to provide one on one services in home and in clinic with social distancing is the best option. We are constantly researching the latest news and guidance and attending webinars and will continue to actively reach out to make sure all our information is up to date.
As you can imagine, our scheduling department is overloaded with calls and emails at this time. In an effort to streamline communication, remain in compliance with current health regulations, and to continue to provide services, we are sending out consent and information forms to all associated with In STEPPS, including staff. Please take a moment to fill out these two documents so we are able to quickly evaluate where the need for services is and what our capacity is at this time.
- Click here to complete the Consent to receive or temporarily suspend services.
- Click here to take our In STEPPS ABA Services Survey and Client Information
Thank you for your support, patience, and flexibility. We will continue to keep you updated as we learn new information.
The In STEPPS Team
Hello Again In STEPPS Families,
I wanted to reach out and touch base about the COVID-19 situation and let you know of current and updated policies we will be implementing in the coming days/weeks. I realize that the current situation can feel uncertain and that we are encountering rapid developments and changes in the recommendations by the CDC and our local governments. I want you to know that we are monitoring the situation closely, conferring with funding sources and trade organizations, as well as other local providers to ensure we are doing everything to help keep everyone safe and healthy. Our goal with this email is not to alarm you, but to continue to work together as a team to stay calm and navigate this situation while also supporting our staff and families to the best of our abilities.
At this time we are implementing, or continuing to implement, the following practices. Please review closely as certain things may impact your child’s services:
- We continue to implement cleaning and disinfectant procedures multiple times per day in our office, clinic, and in homes.
- We will continue to have clinic sessions. However, group sessions at our clinic will now solely be 1:1 sessions in an effort to implement social distancing and reduce close contact interactions. We will cease group activities for the time being. If your child has a clinic session, staff will keep children separated with plenty of personal space. If you prefer in home sessions instead of clinic sessions, please notify scheduling immediately.
- Therapists are NOT to take any of their own toys into sessions in an effort to reduce the spread of germs for in home sessions. Therapists will be utilizing toys in home. Please help us by keeping toys clean and disinfected.
- Therapists must wash their hands when they arrive for session and when they leave using the CDC handwashing guidelines provided to them.
- Many funding sources and insurance companies are permitting and increasing telehealth options to ensure clients continue to receive much needed services. As a result, supervisors may be utilizing telehealth more frequently as we attempt to spread our resources across the many needs of each team at this time. Additionally, our supervisors have been instructed to reach out to their colleagues to offer support so you may see different supervisors monitoring your child’s program and supporting staff. Telehealth services will not occur without your prior consent.
- We understand that schools have already or will likely close in the coming days. Our staff is prepared to provide home sessions or clinic sessions when available and as needed to the best of our capacity.
- We ask that you email your region’s scheduler immediately with the following information to help us streamline a plan of action for your child’s services as the current situation continues to evolve. We are keeping this information documented in your file:
- Location preference for services (home, clinic, community, etc.)
- Sub preferences (yes, no, current team only)
- Additional sessions requested (include start date, time, and location)
- Any risk factors in your home such as at-risk individuals (immune compromised, elderly, chronic medical conditions, etc.)
- Have you recently traveled to any area affected by COVID-19?
Please cancel your child’s sessions immediately if they or anyone in your household has the following symptoms: fever, cough, or shortness of breath.
Thank you and please let me know if you have any questions.